Microwave Paal Kova is one simple preparation which can be made with few ingredients in under 30 minutes. It can’t get any easier than this, you got to try!!! Always keep a few cans of sweetened condensed milk cans at home which can come in handy when you have unexpected guests, prepare this sweet quickly either using a microwave or stove top. This version is for microwave recipes but you can also use the same ingredients & measures and make it over stove top. Its like you can never go wrong and even if there’s something, its easily fixable with some milk powder. Please refer notes for additional tips……
Some easy sweets to try…
|1 can||Sweetened condensed milk (14 ounce) / Milk maid|
|3 Tablespoons||Plain Yogurt / Curd|
|1 Tablespoon||Unsalted Pistachios (crushed)|
Lets see how to make this Microwave Paal Kova
All you need is a 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk tin, some ghee and yogurt.
Take nice sturdy microwave safe bowl preferably glass which is slightly wide and big. This is to insure that the milk doesn’t boil over it. Combine condensed milk, yogurt and 3 tsp of ghee at this point.
Mix well and microwave for 4 minutes.
At end of 4 minutes, give a standing time of 1 minute. (This is mainly done to let the bubbling settle orelse it will splash on your face) The bowl will be very hot so carefully remove using a towel. This is how it will look after first 4 minutes.
It will appear slightly curdled, use a spoon and mix gently.
Add 2 tsp of ghee now and microwave for 2 minutes.
Again after that give 1 minute standing time and get it out. This is how it will look now. You have to stir gently, the bottom portion will look slightly brown and upper portion will be pale yellow. Add 2 tsp ghee and then cook for another 2 minutes.
Give 1 minute standing time. Now you will see that the whole content turning brown.
Stir gently, add last set of 2 tsp ghee and cook for 2 minutes.
Again give 1 minute standing time. When it comes out it will be bubbling and very hot, handle carefully. Let stay for few minutes.
Mix the crushed pistachio nuts.
At this stage the consistency will look little loose, once cooled it will solidify further.
- Yields – 1/2 kg or 1 pound or 1 & 1/2 cups Halwa. Roughly 10 pieces. (2″ x 2″)
- Alternately you can use low fat condensed milk and yogurt and cut down on the ghee too. Adjust to suit your needs. Microwave settings differ, mine is over the range GE Profile. Adjust the timing by increasing if the power is low.
- Same ingredients and measure can be followed for stove top method. Put everything in a pan and heat over low medium flame until the milk curdles and then start adding ghee slowly until it reaches the right consistency and texture. This may take about 40 minutes (approx)
- Halwa consistency is usually sticky and if you want to make them into burfi, then add 1/2 cup milk powder to make it thick and cut them into squares. Still you wont get perfect burfi but atleast it will hold its shape.
- To make the quantity more combine a cup of grated paneer and mix.
- Milk powder is the only solution to make it thick, adjust with it and knead to make doodh pedas.
- MICROWAVE PAL KOVA RECIPE / EASY DIWALI SWEETS / EASY INDIAN SWEETS / MICROWAVE RECIPES / BEGINNER RECIPES / CONDENSED MILK HALWA / THERATTI PAAL RECIPE / MILK HALWA RECIPE / SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK RECIPES / SWEETS RECIPE / DESSERT RECIPES / SOUTH INDIAN SWEETS RECIPES / DOODH PEDA RECIPE / MILK FUDGE RECIPE / MILK TOFFEE RECIPE / PALKOVA / PAAL KHOA RECIPE / பால்கோவா / SWEETS UNDER 15 MINUTES / EASY SWEET RECIPES / INDIAN SWEETS / MILKMAID HALWA / FESTIVE RECIPES / KRISHNA JAYANTHI RECIPES / FESTIVE SWEETS