Kids School Lunch box 8– Cheesy Vegetable Quesadillas are an easy, satisfying vegetarian option for school lunches. Its a great disguise for anything else that I want to sneak in, especially veggies. Sid loves Mexican food and lunch box comes out clean when I pack these chessy quesadillas. I’ve added some hummus spread instead of beans as I didn’t have any black beans in stock. You may add any cooked beans like pinto/ black / navy beans along with it if you like.
Some kids lunch ideas to try..
Kids / Adults / Lunch / Vegetarian / No Microwave / No Re-heating / School Lunches / Vegetable Quesadilla Recipe / Veggie Quesadillas / Vegetable Cheese Quesadillas / Lunch Box Idea 8
|Flour / Whole Wheat / Multigrain Tortilla||2 small|
|Sauteed Vegetables (I used yellow onion, colored bell peppers & corn)||1/2 cup|
|Roasted red pepper hummus||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cilantro leaves (chopped)||a few|
|Cheese (Mexican Blend)||1/4 cup|
|Crushed Black pepper||2 pinch|
Lets see how to pack this Kids school lunch box
Here is what I packed for his school lunch…
1. Vegetable Cheese Quesadillas – 2 small tortilla makes 4 wedges. (Saute the veggies in oil along with salt and pepper for about a minutes over medium flame. Let them cool a bit. Warm up the tortilla in a plain tawa or frying pan or microwave. Spread little hummus , sprinkle cheese on one half , add veggies on top of it(again just the one half side), sprinkle cheese on top of it again and fold into half. Press it lightly and place on the tawa and fry for few inutes until you see golden brown spots on both sides. Remove from pan and let it cool a bit. Cut them into wedges and keep aside. Use wax paper or oil paper between the wedges when you pack to avoid them sticking to each other.
2. Fresh cut fruits – Cantaloupe, Pineapple & Honey melon
3. Chocolate biscuits – a few
- Packed in a regular stainless steel tiffin box. After you make the quesadilla, let them cool a bit (let the steam settle) , cut them into wedges and then pack in the box. Do not pack while they are very hot, once you close the steam may spoil the entire content and become soggy.
- Play with the ingredients choose the veggies that your kids love. I’ve used regular flour tortilla- pick a healthy one like whole wheat or Multigrain.
- Add in cooked black beans or pinto for added nutrition.