Kids / Adults / Lunch / Vegetarian / No Microwave / No Re-heating / School Lunches / Lunch Box Idea 12 / Finger Foods recipe / Avocado chapati recipe / Soft roti recipe / Veg raita recipe / Mung bean sprouts Recipe / Kids Snack recipes / Kids Recipe / Healthy school lunch ideas / School lunch box/ Desi school lunch box menu ideas / Lunch box recipes.
Packing school lunch is one big task and is the first question that pops every morning… a little planning the previous day can help with it to some extent and this thread is totally dedicated for that purpose. There are a few recipes which click at my home with success, though not completely healthy, but can be an appetizing one during lunch time. This week I packed some soft avocado chapatis to with some veg raita and a small sprout salad. Sid liked it and hope your kids will luv too, try and let me know!
This is what I packed for Sid’s lunch
1. Avocado Chapati – make them ahead of time and lightly warm it up in microwave and spread some ghee on top. Use a cookie cutter for funny shapes, make them bite size for the little ones.
2. Moong Sprouts – any sprouts are fine, moong is colorful & fun.
3. Carrot raita – simple yogurt with salt and pepper, add in minced or grated veggies of your choice.
4. Mixed fruits – packed green, black grapes & blue berries.
5. Small treat- fruitella soft candy
Pack the lunch box with some fun stickers, treats or small surprise toys, this will make them happy. I usually put some stickers on top of the lunch box for Sid- a big spidey fan!
Avocado is very healthy and they keep the chapatis soft for a long time.
Any sprouts will be great for the salad, just play with it and pack the one which your kid likes.
Raita is basically yogurt mixed with salt and pepper. Add finely grated or minced veggies to it. I’ve added grated carrot & coriander leaves.