Curry Fried Rice Recipe – So… what is curry fried rice?? its just the regular fried rice with Indian Curry powder… 😀 a new twist to the old boring INDO CHINESE fried rice…. what a transformation 😛 it is spicy, it is healthy with lot of veggies.. it is fancy and most of all it is tasty! what more do you want?? lets hop on to the recipe right away…..
I don’t have step wise pictures here… its just fried rice you dump everything into the pan and toss over high flame, isn’t it? If you still need then check this EGG FRIED RICE RECIPE
We have a good collection of different FRIED RICE RECIPES
- Cooked Rice – 3 cups (cold, basmati or any long grain or jasmine works)
- Choice of Veggies – 1 cup (diced) (carrots, beans, peas) ( i have used edamame)
- Onion – 1/4 cup (diced)
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon (minced)
- Garlic – 1 teaspoon (minced)
- Green chili – 1 (minced)
- Spring onions – 1/4 cup (green and white parts)
- Curry powder – 2 teaspoons (1/2 tsp red chili powder+ 1/2 tsp Coriander powder + 1/2 pepper powder + 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder)
- Dark Soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Rice Seasoning – 3 drops teaspoon or use (vinegar)
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 pinch
- Oil – 3 teaspoons
- Egg – 1 (optional)
- Curry & Coriander leaves – a few (optional)
Lets see how to make this Curry Fried Rice….
1.Whatever you do… high flame is a must for this recipe. Keep every thing ready and then proceed.
2. Heat 1 tsp oil first and scramble the egg with a pinch of salt over high heat. Remove and keep it aside.
3.Add the remaining oil and saute onion, ginger, garlic, green chili, all veggies… except green onions. Saute over high flame for few seconds.
4. At the same time add in the sugar, salt, soy sauce, rice seasoning, curry powder, cooked eggs and the rice. Saute this to coat the rice.
5. Now add in the spring onions and keeps stir frying for few minutes… you may add few green or red chilies for more heat (optional) along with curry and coriander leaves.
6. Switch off and its all your to eat 😛 Better eat orelse i will! 😉
- Serves 3
- I have used edamame instead of green peas… you may add whatever veggies you like.
- Adding cabbage could be one interesting twist… but big chunks would be good instead of grated.
- Onions is a must for this recipe… the more you add more its going to taste.
- Store bought curry powder works too.
- Eggs are optional … make it vegetarian too.
- Long grain basmati, jasmine, medium grain rice works.