EASY FRIED RICE RECIPE / FRIED RICE RECIPE / FRIED RICE INDIAN STYLE / INDIAN STYLE SPICY FRIED RICE / RESTAURANT STYLE FRIED RICE / INDO CHINESE RICE DISHES / INDO CHINESE RECIPES / SPICY FRIED RICE RECIPE / HOW OT MAKE FRIED RICE? / FRIED RICE WITH STEP BY STEP PICTURES / SIMPLE FRIED RICE / QUICK STIR FRIED RICE / VEGETARIAN RICE DISHES / VEGETABLE FRIED RICE / VEGETABLE STIR FRIED RICE / VEG FRIED RICE / QUICK VEG FRIED RICE
Fried rice is one dish which is everyone’s favorite, no matter how its made. Indo chinese version fried rices are often sought at most restaurants. Here in Michigan we have only a few Indian restaurants which serves decent Indo chinese foods and among them, i have always liked Namaste flavors for their Indianised spicy style fried rice… I’m sure it must be loaded with msg and wanted try the same style at home minus the taste makers. Had a chance this week to make some, enjoyed the rice with manchurian and packed some for lunch box too. Though its looks like a mild rice dish, it isn’t in reality 👿 its super spicy getting all the heat from those wicked spicy green chilies and rice itself has this nice aroma from cumin seeds and coriander leaves. Something simple but tasty enough without any added additives.
|Ingredients (Serves 2)|
|Cooked Basmati rice||3 cups (day old rice or completely cooled)|
|Carrot||1/4 cup (chopped)|
|Beans||1/8 cup (chopped)|
|Cabbage||1/4 cup (Shredded)|
|Green Chili||6 (finely chopped) (small spicy variety)|
|Garlic||3 cloves(finely chopped)|
|Ginger||1 inch (finely chopped)|
|Spring onions/ green onions||3 stalks (chopped)|
|Coriander leaves||1/2 cup (finely chopped)|
|Black or white pepper powder||1 /2 teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||3 Tablespoons|
Heat oil in a wide fry pan and keep the flame at medium. Add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle for few seconds, followed by the chopped green chili, ginger and garlic. Once they fry a bit, then add the chopped veggies and bring the flame to high. Sprinkle the sugar, salt and vinegar and fry the veggies for few minutes. (2 minutes should be fine, we want the veggies to flash fry to retain crispness) When the veggies are done cooking add in the coriander leaves , followed by the cooked rice & spring onions. Give it a quick stir fry and switch off.
- Always use a day old rice or refrigerated rice for best results. Freshly prepared hot rice may not yield good results, it may turn mushy.
- You may add a 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce if you like, may change the color of the fried rice.
- You can use either black or white pepper powder. White gives nice flavor.
- Do not cook the veggies for long time, it may make them mushy. Quick stir fry over high flame will cook them perfect and keep them crisp. Try to chop them fine so they cook faster.
- Sugar is added to keep the veggies color intact.
- Vinegar is optional, but can give you that restaurant style touch to the dish.
- Picture may show some baby brussel sprouts, I had few of them at home so included in the dish. (just ignore 😉 )
- Enjoy this Fried rice with Vegetable Manchurian