Cabbage Fried Rice – 🙂 one easy rice to whip up in few minutes… leftover rice works like a charm for this, all you need is few veggies, salt and pepper. Try not to laugh while looking at the steps involved in making this fried rice 😀
- Cabbage – 1 cup (sliced)
- Cooked Cold Rice – 2 cups
- Green Capsicum – 1/2 cup (sliced)
- Green chilli – 2 (slit open)
- Ginger – 1/2 teaspoon (minced)
- Garlic – 1/2 teaspoon (minced)
- Green Onion / Spring onion – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
Lets see how to make this cabbage fried rice…
- Heat oil in a wok.
- This may sound crazy… but you are going to do this!
- Dump all the above in the wok and stir fry over medium high flame until the cabbage cook a bit.
- That’t it.. switch off.
- Packed it with some egg gravy for lunch box 🙂
- Serves 2
- Cabbage and capsicum should be crisp but cooked… hence adding all of it at the same time and it will cook in jiffy over high flame.
- Cooking cabbage for long time will make them smell bad… so keeping them crunchy is the key here in this dish.
- Rice has to be slightly cold… when stir frying that way they don’t break or over cook.
- No soy sauce needed. You may add a tiny drop of vinegar or rice wine to make it more tasty.
- You can try variations.. add in any veggie combo.
Some fried rice recipes to try…