|10||Raw banana (2″ pieces)|
|10||White pumpkin (2″ pieces)|
|10||Green beans (2″ pieces)|
|10||Carrot (2″ pieces)|
|10||Potato (2″ pieces)|
|1/4 cup||Green peas|
|½ nos||Drumstick (or 4 frozen pieces)|
|1 tablespoon||Sour curd|
|1 cup||Fresh grated coconut|
|1 teaspoon||Cumin seeds|
|10 leaves||Curry leaves|
|2 tablespoons||Coconut oil|
|a pinch||Turmeric powder|
|3/4 teaspoon||Salt (or to taste)|
These are some of the basic veggies that you need for the recipe. You can use any veggie of your choice or that is readily available at home.
Cut the veggies all in one size, either cube or cut them into strips.
Cook all the veggie pieces till tender with 2 cups of water, a pinch of turmeric & salt. (Do not add all the salt it may not cook the veggies through, just a pinch will do!)
While that is cooking, grind coconut, green chili and cumin seeds to a paste. Keep this aside.
While the veggies are cooking add in teaspoon of coconut oil…. this will bring in more flavor.
Now add the ground coconut paste to the cooked veggies. Add salt at this stage.
Let this come to one boil, immediately switch off! Le this cool a bit.
Now add the sour curd and mix lightly. (If you add raw mango in your dish then skip the curd/yogurt)
- Serves 2 -3 adults
- Adding turmeric gives light yellow color to the dish. If you prefer white color then skip it.
- If you add raw mango in your mixed veggie list then skip the sour curd.
- Yogurt/ Curd is added to give light sourness to the dish, if its not your favorite- then skip it.
- Reheating is not advisable for this dish, so if you are serving right away then add curd or else add just before serving. It can make the dish more sour if kept longer.
- Adding less yogurt and more coconut gives nice creamy texture. More yogurt and less coconut will yield a sour dish. Choice is yours…
- Adding salt while cooking veggies will not cook them through, so just add a pinch.
- Too much water can also make the dish watery and running. Add just enough to cook the veggies that way it can keep the dish neat, chunky and creamy!
- Pictures updated recently for this post.