This may sound very odd but trust me, its one of the best. You may call it appetizer, starter ,breakfast or even a main…. no matter what you call, its still going to be one easy dish that can be made in minutes with just a few of easy to find ingredients. Bonus its all good for you, so enjoy!
OATS SOUP / AOTS PORRIDGE / OATS CONGEE RECIPE / SAVORY OATS CONGEE / HEALTHY SOUP / OATS SOUP RECIPE / INDIAN STYLE OATS RECIPE / SAVORY OATS PORRIDGE RECIPE / HOW TO MAKE OATS SOUP / INDIAN OATS RECIPE
|2 teaspoon||Rolled oats|
|2 small||Shallots (sambar onions)|
|¼ teaspoon||Butter (optional)|
|½ teaspoon||Black pepper powder (freshly ground preferred)|
|1 stalk||Spring/green onions (finely chopped) (optional)|
1. Finely mince the shallots (sambar onions) and garlic.
2. Crush the peppercorns to a coarse powder and keep aside.
3. Heat oil and butter in a pan and saute onion and garlic till they turn soft.
4. Now add the rolled oats and fry along with it for few more minutes.(2 minutes)
5. Add salt and 1/2 cup water and let boil until the oats is thoroughly cooked. (2 minutes)
6. Add freshly ground black peppercorns, remaining 1 cup water and milk to to it and bring to a boil and switch off. (1 minute)
7. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot.
Butter is optional, use another teaspoon of oil instead.
Spring onions are optional too. You may choose curry leaves instead.
One adult serving.