Chilli Chicken – when i say that I mean it yes its “Green Chilli” Chicken.. not your typical all veggies sauteed in chicken but its all about adding deep fried Green chillies, minced ginger and garlic and curry leaves. Something very spicy, something different somewhere in between CHICKEN 65 & CHILLI CHICKEN framed #indochinese fusion restaurant style dish.
Try our CHICKEN LOLLIPOP
- Boneless Chicken – 50 (1 x 1 inch diced pieces)
- Ginger – 1 tablespoon (minced)
- Garlic – 1 tablespoon (minced)
- Green chilli – 1 teaspoon (minced)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon (i used kashmir chilli powder)
- Food color (orange) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Ajinomoto – 2 pinch (MSG) optional
- Salt – 1 teaspoon (kosher/ kallu uppu)
- Rice seasoning – 1/2 teaspoon or (use vinegar instead)
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Maida / refined flour – 1/8 cup
- Corn flour – 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 1/4 cup + as needed
- Oil – 2 cups for deep frying
Ingredients for final touch
- Green Chilli – 10 (spicy variety slit open)
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon (minced)
- Garlic – 1 teaspoon (minced)
- Curry leaves – 20
Some restaurant style dishes to try from our page….
- Chilli Paneer
- Highway Dhaba Style Tawa Chicken
- Crispy Chicken 65
- Chilli Prawns
- Chicken Tikka Masala Wraps
- Chilli Gobi
Lets see how to make this Chilli Chicken Dry version….
- Chicken need to be cleaned, washed and pat dry before you proceed. (This is very important… if the chicken is dripping wet your dish will be very soggy) It should not be wet…. Ginger garlic needs to be minced finely.
- Mix chicken with turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, lemon juice, ajinomotto, food color, minced ginger garlic, green chilli, rice seasoning, maida, baking powder and corn flour.
- Add water slowly until it reaches a sticky consistency.. not too water not too thick.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the pieces until fully cooked, its boneless so should take less than 3 minutes.
- When done.. place them over a tray.. fry the curry leaves, slit open green chilies, minced ginger garlic in that same oil and mix with the fried chicken. That’s it!
- Serve hot with sliced onion and lemon wedges!
- Serves 4 to 5
- Ajinomotto and food color is optional.. if you prefer healthy.