This Valentine’s Day mix yourself up some love, whether you have a sweetheart or not. Have yourself a lovely little mug cake, remember your favorite cake is only 3 minutes away, day or night. Happy Valentine’s Day !!!
|All-purpose flour / Maida||3 Tablespoons|
|Unsweetened Cocoa powder||1 + 1/2 Tablespoons|
|Baking Soda||2 small pinch|
|Salt||1 small pinch|
|Milk (I used 2%)||3 Tablespoons|
|Oil (Canola or Vegetable)||3 Tablespoons|
|Mini chocolate chips||10 count (optional)|
|Oil (for greasing the mug)||few drops|
|Powdered sugar (for dusting)||1 Teaspoon|
Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl (all purpose-flour, cocoa powder, baking soda sugar and salt) and keep aside. In another bowl whisk oil, milk and vanila extract. Add the dry mixture to this and stir in some chocolate chips. Grease a regular microwave safe coffee mug with little oil and pour the batter into it. Bake on high for 2 minutes in a microwave. Once done, dust powdered sugar and serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
1. Make sure the batter does not cross halfway when you pour into the cup that way it will puff up to the right height.
2. To check doneness, insert a clean tooth pick to check whether its fully baked or not. if your toothpick comes out clean then its done, if not add few seconds.
3. I’ve used a regular coffee mug/cup which normally hold upto 250 ml of liquid.
4. Remember this is an instant version and has its own disadvantages. This cake will be a fancy way to impress your guests but has to be be served immediately, as it has the tendency to become hard after sometime.
5. For a low power microwave try to increase cooking time little by little and check for doneness.
Yield: 1 Adult serving
Recipe Source: Sharmis Passions