|½ cup||Raw rice (pachai arisi)|
|½ cup||Channa dhal(kadalai paruppu)|
|½ cup||Toor dhal|
|½ cup||Urad dhal(ooluntham paruppu)|
|½ cup||Moong dhal (payatham paruppu)|
|¼ cup||Onion ( chopped)|
|6 nos||Red chilli|
|1 T||Ginger (grated)|
|¼ cup||Coconut (grated) (dry dessicated can be used)|
|2 no||Green chilli|
|1 tsp||Mustard seeds|
|Curry leaves ( little)(chopped)|
|Corriander leaves (hand full)(finely chopped)|
|Salt to taste|
|Oil for deep frying|
- Soak rice, channa dhal, toor dhal together. Soak urad dhal, moong dhal seperately.
- Soak javaresi (sabudana) seperately. for one hour.
- With rice, channa dhal and toor dhal add red chilli and coarsely grind it in to thick batter
- Then Coarsely grind left over dhals and javaresi together. Mix both the batter.
- In the batter add asafoedita , onion, curry leaves, corriander, coconut, green chilli,ginger and salt, Mix well
- The batter should be little bit thicker than idli batter.
- Keep little oil in a pan. splutter the mustard and add it to the batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying, when the oil is heat enough.
- Take a batter in a round laddle, add little by little to the oil.
- Fry vadai in medium flame. When it turns in to golden brown. remove from oil.
- Serve hot with sauce or chutney.