|1 no||Onion (cut lengthwise thinly)|
|4 no||Green chili (slit open)|
|1 tsp||Mustard seeds|
|1 tsp||Chilli podwer|
|1 tsp||Dhania powder|
|1 tsp||Turmeric powder|
|1 tsp||Salt (as per taste)|
|1 stks||Curry leaves|
|2 stks||Coriander leaves (chopped )|
|1 cup||Coconut (grated)|
1. Clean the squid thoroughly, by taking all the contents from the inside cover of the squid , just leaving the white skin , after cleaning the squid, it should look this…
2. Cut the squid into small pieces, it might be slippery, but thats fine.
3.Cut the onions and chillies and keep them aside.
4. Coarsely grind coconut, fennel seeds and curry leaves with almost no water.
5. Dry roast the rice and powder that ( medium not too fine)
6. Ina pan , add oil and temper with mustard , curry leaves, cumin seeds (opt) and add the Onions and green chillies.
7. Once they are translucent, add the squid with salt and cook them well.
8. Once the squid changes its color to dark orange ( like the shrimps), now add chilly powder, dhania and turmeric and keep stirring to avoid sticking to the pan.
9. You can only sprinkle water , the squid itself releases some water. Now add the rice powder and after 3 minutes on medium flame add the coarsely mixture of coconut paste.
10. The whole dish should be very dry like porial. Keep stirring them. Once it looks completely dry and cooked, now add chopped coriander leaves .
11. Server them hot with Rice and Fish curry or Rasam.