hi all, aloo bhajji is a known popula dish in india. It is made out of baby potatoes. Mostly served with chappathi , paratha and even with pulaos. gives u a tangy taste
give a try..
|500 g||Baby potatoes|
|2 nos||Tomato (big)|
|1 no||Onion (big size)|
|2 nos||Green chilli|
|1 tsp||Fennel seeds, cumin seeds|
|Bayleaf, cardomen, cinnamon stick (acording to taste)|
|2 tsp||Red chilli powder|
|2 tsp||Lemon juice|
|1 T||Butter or ghee|
|Garam masala (optional)|
|1 pint||Sugar (optional)|
|Salt to taste|
- Boil Potatoes.After peeling off the skin of potatoes, prick one or two time with fork or toothpick. this will enable the gravy to catch up with potatoes.
- Saute potatoes in little bit of butter. Grind ingredients of tomato, onion, ginger and garlic to make a paste.
- Heat butter and roast bay leaves, cinnamon stick, fennel, cloves and cardamom.
- After they are roasted well and when you get the aroma
- Add the grinded paste to it and heat it till the masala all blend together.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala, salt and little sugar.
- Add boiled potatoes and cook for 5 min with lid.
- After its turned a gravy consistency add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
- serve it hot with chappathis or parathas.