|1 kg||Pumpkin (white or yellow)|
|100 g||Karamani (red peas)|
|2 tbsp||Coconut milk|
|1 tsp||Coconut oil|
|Salt (as per taste)|
- Soak the Karamani for 2 hours.
- Cut Ash gourd and Pumpkin into approximately 1 inch pieces or even smaller.
- Cook the Karamani, as it gets half cooked, add the Ash gourd and Pumpkin pieces and cook well until the Ash gourd turns translucent and feels very soft.
- Optional seasoning with mustard seeds and Curry leaves will be more aromatic.
- Remove from fire and then add the coconut milk and coconut oil.
- Serve hot with rice.
This is a very simple and tasty dish and any Kerala Sadhi (Feast) always features this on the menu.
Best combination is with Rice and Sambhar or Rasam.