|4 cup||All-purpose flour|
|4 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 cup||Sugar (powdered)|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence|
|3 cup||Sugar (powdered)|
|1 T||Vanilla essence|
|¼||Milk or water|
Whisk the eggs and the sugar
Start your doughnuts by putting the 2 eggs and sugar into a mixing bowl. Whisk them briskly until their appearance becomes very pale and fluffy.
- Step 2:
- Add the milk, vanilla, salt and butter
- Next, you will need to introduce the milk, vanilla, salt and melted butter to the dough and mix it all together briefly.
- Mix dry ingredients and allow it to chill.
- You can now add the baking powder to the bowl of flour and mix them together a little bit. Next, add this dry mix to the egg mixture and combine them thoroughly. The dough will be sticky. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Be careful not to over-mix the dough or the resulting doughnuts will turn out tough.
- Step 4:
- Roll the dough out and cut it
- Begin forming the doughnuts by sprinkling some flour upon the work surface and then dusting your hands with a little more flour. Now roll the dough out to a thickness of about half of a centimetre. Next, use the large cutter(you can use coffee mug also) to cut out the doughnuts. You can then use the small cutter (i used cola bottle cap 🙂 ) to cut out their centres.
- Set the doughnuts aside and combine the leftover dough with some new dough.
Roll it out again and repeat the process until all the dough is used.
- Step 5:
- It is now time to fry your doughnuts. Place a saucepan with the oil over a medium heat. While waiting for the oil to heat up, you can prepare a tray by lining it with some paper towel. Now place the doughnuts into the hot oil a few at a time. Let them cook for about one minute until golden brown and turn them over. Cook the other side and place them on the tray. Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Step 6:
- Powdered doughnut:
Place your doughnuts on a plate and liberally dust them with powdered sugar. Your doughnuts are now ready to serve!
- Drain the doughnut with paper towel briefly and then dip into the bowl of hot glaze.Dip in a vanilla glaze (recipe below)and drain on a wire rack set inside of a baking sheet.
- They can be glazed with strawberry, chocolate, or raspberry sauces. Enjoy !!!