Simple healthy salad to cool you up, great for lunch box, travel and parties. Just a little prep work and you will have a tasty salad to pack on a busy weekday.
carrot cucumber sald, sald recipe, vegan, vegetarian salad, lunch box salad, healthy recipes, healthy salad, chickpeas, meatless monday recipes, carrot, cucumber, fusion recipes, american, international recipes, lunch box recipes, summer recipes
|1 long or 1 cup (diced)||English seedless cucumber (6″)|
|1/2 cup diced||Carrot|
|1/4 cup diced||Onion (red)|
|1/2 cup||Chickpeas (fully cooked)|
|3 teaspoons (chopped)||Coriander leaves|
|1/2 teaspoon||Red wine garlic vinaigrette or Lemon juice|
|2 teaspoons||Olive oil|
|1/4 teaspoon||Ground black pepper|
- Soak (1/4 cup) dry chickpeas overnight, wash, drain and pressure cook with 1 cup of water.
- Drain the liquid and separate the cooked peas.
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinaigrette, salt and pepper.
- Whisk to blend well and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, combine diced cucumbers, diced carrots, diced onion, cooked chickpeas and coriander leaves.
- Slowly add the vinaigrette dressing and toss the salad for couple of times.
- Serve at room temperature on a warm toasted bread or as a side.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Use a teaspoon of lemon juice + pinch of sugar, if you cannot fine red wine vinaigrette.
- If carrying this for lunch box then take the vinaigrette in a separate box and mix when ready to eat!
- Yield: Serves 2 approx.