Coriander Peanut Chutney – a simple accompaniment for your idli dosa… This quick and tasty chutney can be made in a jiffy, little colorful & healthy too!
- Roasted Peanuts – 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- Fresh Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Green Chilli – 3
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Water – as needed
Ingredients for tempering
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Split black gram – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 6 minced
Lets see how to make this Coriander Peanut Chutney…
- I have used roasted peanuts… if you have raw peanuts place them in a microwave plate and roast it high powder 1 minute. (1000 watts) a little if your microwave power is low. Let cool, rub off the skin.
- Put all the ingredients in a mixer jar( roasted peanuts, coconut, coriander leaves, ginger, green chilli, ginger, salt and little water)
- Grind to a fine consistency. You may adjust with water to make it runny.
- To temper – heat oil in a tadka pan, splutter mustard seeds, split black gram and curry leaves.
- Pour this over the chutney and mix.
- Serve it along hot piping idlis!
- Serves 4
- You may increase the coriander leaves to get dark green color. I have used only little. More the leaves… more the intense green color.
Some interesting chutney recipes to try from our page…