|30 nos||Prawns (small or salad size shrimp)|
|1 no||Onion(red, large)|
|½ tsp||Ginger (minced)|
|½ tsp||Garlic (minced)|
|1 tsp||Soy sauce (dark or 2 tsp light soy sauce)|
|½ tsp||Corn flour (white)|
|2 tsp||Red chilli sauce|
|2 tsp||Green chilli sauce|
|¼ tsp||Salt (or to taste)|
|4 stks||Spring/green onions (finely chopped)|
|3 nos||Green chili (slit open)|
|2 pinch||Food colour (red)|
1.Wash, devein and cut the shrimps into small bite size pieces.
2. Take a bowl mix soy sauce, red chilli sauce, green chilli sauce, corn flour, vinegar, minced garlic and ginger, ajinomotto, 2 green chillies and salt. Add the shrimp to this and marinate for atleast 1/2 hour.
3. Chop the onions into big cubes, slit open the green chillies, chop the green onions and keep aside.
4. Take a kadai or wok, heat oil over high flame. Add the chopped onions, green chillies and fry till they start to brown.
5. Now add the marinated shrimp pieces along with any leftover marinated sauce. Add in the food color at this stage and keep frying till all the gravy evaporates and turn into a dry masala.
6. Check for salt, garnish with chopped spring/ green onions and serve.
Prawn / Shrimp ~~~~~~ Use 10 jumbo shrimps or 30 salad shrimps or 30 Indian small prawns
In this recipe, I have used large shrimps cut into small bite size pieces.
SAUCES ~~~~~~~ Chings products has been used for this recipe, which is usually availble in most Indian Stores.