- 2 chicken breast (½ lb )
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste(can substitue with chopped ginger and garlic to enhance the flavour)
- ½ cup gram flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- few curry leaves(chopped)
- salt as regd
- 1 lemon juice
- ½ cup Onion finely chopped(lengthwise)
- 2 green chilli (finely chopped) purely optional
- oil for deep frying(can go for baking too)
- ¼ cup water(enough to form a thick paste consistency)
Boil some water and add the breast pieces in it. Let it boil for 20 minutes.
(I used Rotisserie/grilled chicken breast. Shredded the chicken pieces using knife!!!)
Allow the chicken to cool for few minutes. In the mean time just slice the onion and green chillies.
Sieve the gram flour, rice flour together in a mixing bowl. Add salt, garam masala powder, chilli powder, coriander powder to it and mix it well. Add little water to form a very thick paste.It will look like this…(Urad dal vada / Methu vada consistency)
Check for salt and now add the onions, green chillies, curry leaves and mix it well. Now shred the chicken using hands or with the help of knife. Add the shredded chicken to the above paste.Now the pakoda batter is ready.
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Take small amount of pakoda batter and pour it in the oil and fry it till it turn golden brown color.
Serve hot with your favorite sauce..
You can add a pinch of red color also…