Bread Pizza, an instant solution for a quick lunch or snack. This is probably one of the easiest recipes you can make for breakfast, lunch, dinner or simply as a snack. Truly to be honest, I pack these once a week… and its a lifesaver lunch box item! Just fill them with their fav toppings and pop in the counter top convection toaster oven. If you don’t have a traditional toaster then use a tawa to toast the bread slightly then top it with Cheese and veggie and lightly cover with an aluminum foil and cook for few minutes to just melt the cheese. Voila… tasty, crispy, cheesy pizza ready in minutes. Might also work as a solution when you crave for a pizza and don’t have time to prepare the dough and wait for it to rise. It takes no more than 15 or 20 minutes, you can choose your favorite pizza toppings and is done, ready to be served. Play with the topping, let your kids pick the vegetables….peppers, onion, garlic, olives or cooked meat, pepperoni even just cheese. You will never hear your kids saying or whining about boring lunch! The recipe here is just a sample…. variations can be endless!
Some kid friendly recipes to try…
- Bread Slice (White / Wheat/ Multigrain) 2
- Butter or Oil 1 teaspoon
- Pizza sauce 2 tablespoons
- Cheese (mozarella/cheddar/mixed / veggie cheese slice) 1/2 cup
- Italian seasoning (use any dry herb of choice with little salt and pepper or red pepper flakes) 1/2 teaspoon
- Veggies (Onion, bell pepper, coriander leaves) 1/2 cup (sliced)
Lets see how to make this bread pizza
Choose any bread of choice. I have used regular white bread.
Spread with butter or oil.
Spread a tablespoon of pizza sauce on each slice.
First layer with cheese and then with the choice of veggies that you want to add.
Sprinkle Italian seasoning or if you don’t ahve one then use plain red chilli flakes or dry herbs or even sprinkle plain salt and pepper.
Now its ready to be toasted.
I have used convection style counter top toaster oven and baked these for 10 minutes @350F. Or even use the toaster mode for few minutes. If you don’t have a toaster oven…. then light toast the bread over stove top in a tawa and then add the topping. Cover the slice with an aluminum foil and cook for few minutes to just melt the cheese.
Your quick bread pizza is all ready to be served! Enjoy!
- Makes 2 slices
- Bread can be white, wheat, multigrain or crusty sour dough, ciabatta or Italian Anything that you have at home works.
- Play with the toppings and choice what you like… make it healthy by using whole grain bread with healthy veggies.
- I have used mixed pizza blend cheese, you can use veggie cheese slice, cheddar, american or mozarella.
- I have used store bought pizza sauce, simple tomato sauce with oregano can also do the trick!
- Italian seasoning is not a must, use any dry herb. Red chilli flakes for some heat or just plain salt and pepper.