Chapati Noodles– Leftover chapatis get a super stylish transformation in this recipe, day old chapatis are the least anyone wants for lunch or dinner but if made this way it becomes super hit. This one is good alternative to regular boring chapatis… makes perfect lunch, brunch light evening snack or a simple recipe for your lunch box. Usually I make kothu roti/ chapati if i have leftover chapatis…once in while make it Indo-Chinese way to keep it attractive for kids. This is exactly like how you make fried rice, use chapati strips int he place of rice. 😀
Want to try healthy chapathi?? Buy here GET FIT ROTIS
|Chapati (whole wheat or Multigrain)||4|
|Onion||1/2 cup (sliced)|
|Carrot||1/4 cup (cut into thin strips)|
|Capsicum (Green or red or both)||1/4 cup (cut into thin strips)|
|Cabbage||1/4 cup (cut into thin strips)|
|Ginger||1 teaspoon (finely minced)|
|Garlic||1 teaspoon (finely chopped)|
|Spring onion||1/ 4 cup (chopped)|
|Coriander leaves||2 tablespoon (finely chopped) (optional)|
|Dark Soy Sauce / Chilli Soy Sauce||1/2 teaspoons (I’ve used chilli soy to make it extra spicy)|
|Red Chili Sauce||1 tablespoon|
|Salt||1/2 teaspoon or to taste|
|White pepper powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1/2 teaspoon|
Stack chapati as shown one on top of another and cut into 4 quarters. (You may use any kind of chapati- whole wheat or Multi grain / even any kind tortilla works)
Using a kitchen knife cut them into thin strips as shown.
Keep them aside and assemble the other ingredients for the recipe.
Cut the veggies into thin even sized strips. You may choose veggies of your choice but for this recipe, carrot, cabbage and bell peppers are a must. Finely mince the ginger and garlic. Coriander is some what like fish out of water in this recipe but you will surprised how it give a twist in taste when you actually get a bite of those while eating. 😉
Other ingredients are Dark Soy sauce, Red chilli sauce, White pepper powder, balck pepper powder, sugar & salt. (read notes for substitutions)
Heat oil in a fry pan and start sauteing the veggies (onion, ginger, garlic, carrot, cabbage & colored peppers) over medium high heat. Sprinkle sugar and salt at this stage to keep the veggies crisp & colorful.
Saute for couple of minutes – as we cooking in thin veggie strips in high flame it will cook fast. Add in soy sauce, red chili sauce, white pepper & black pepper powder. Mix well to combine.
Add in the noodle like chapati strips the vegetable mixture and toss to coat the sauce all over.
Finally add in the spring onions and switch off. Now sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and mix. Serve hot!
- This above recipe serves 2 approx.
- Leftover chapatis work great for this recipe. You may use any kind of chapati- wheat or multi grain. Tortilla works but try using multigrain tortilla which suits well of this recipe.
- Dark soy sauce adds color to the dish- I’ve used Chilli soy sauce which has chilli oil in it making it more spicy. Any kind if fine. Light soy sauce also works just the color will be slightly different.
- Red chili sauce is for color and to make the dish spicy. If you prefer it less spicy try using tomato sauce or ketchup.
- Sugar is added to keep the color of the veggies intact while cooking.
- White pepper powder gives the touch of chinese to this dish, its ok to use black pepper if you don’t have that.
- I’ve seen coriander leaves added to many Indo Chinese dishes in restaurants and kind of like the taste. Its purely optional you may just stick to spring onions for garnish.
- This dish will make a great lunch box – its colorful, healthy and stylish!
- This recipe is more like Kothu chapati except made fusion way. Make it masala chapati by adding sambar powder, or kothu chapati strips with meat masala powder or make it North Indian style adding pav bhaji masala… the possibilities are infinite!
INDO CHINESE CHAPATI NOODLES RECIPE / CHAPATI NOODLES RECIPE / LEFTOVER CHAPATI RECIPES / KOTHU CHAPATHI / KIDS EVENING SNACK RECIPES / LUNCH BOX RECIPES / KIDS LUNCH BOX / WORK LUNCH RECIPES / LEFTOVER RECIPES / EASY KIDS RECIPES / CHINESE FUSION RECIPES / FUSION RECIPES / VEGETARIAN RECIPES / EASY RECIPES / FAST FOOD STYLE RECIPES / STREET FOOD