Walnut Chutney – a quick healthy chutney.. great side for idli dosa. As they enter the house the first question 🙄 what’s for dinner? & with thiruttu😶 muzhi I go.. dosai with coconut chutney.
Most weekday dinner shifts🏥 some chutney will be “on call” duty.. and yesterday it was walnut chutney from @malathy.ajay feed. 🌰Walnuts are really good for you.. few a day keeps that cholesterol levels under check..so you can eat 65 over the weekend! 🤔 edhu pannalum plan panni pannanum!🤣 Was a little skeptical about using more..as I am introducing this to my family for the first time and what if 😥🤔they don’t like & that becomes my meal for next few days😁 had to play camouflage .. here goes the recipe 👉
Dinner time with my mouth 😷chutney shows up on the table… I kept on suttufying dosai & they kept on eating..while their LDL going down my BP was shooting up😂 namma vai chumma irrukuma? Any comments on that chutneyyy? They go.. what is even there to comment on simple thengai chutney.😏& Me👈 spot escape 💃mission impossible -accomplished!
- Fresh Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Walnuts – 1/4 cup (raw)
- Roasted gram/ pottukadalai – 1/4 cup
- Green Chilies – 4
- Ginger – 2 inch
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon (kosher) or to taste
- Water -as needed to grind
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 6 leaves
Lets see how to make this Walnut chutney….
- Take fresh grated coconut, raw walnuts, roasted gram, green chilli , ginger in a mixer jar… grind to fine paste using salt and water.
- Heat a little oil , splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves and pour this tempering over the chutney and mix.
- Serve with idli, Dosa, Adai, Upma or panniyarams.
- Serves – 3 to 4
- You may use any nuts in the place of walnuts.. soaked almonds work, peanuts or cashews work too.
- Some Chutney recipes to try…
- Spicy Garlic Chutney
- Tomato Onion Chutney
- Chettinad Tomato Pudina Chutney
- Ginger Chutney