Paneer Kathi Roll, a famous street food where a paratha is stuffed with saucy paneer & fresh veggies… its all yours today, who doesn’t like Indo chinese afterall:-P Be prepared 🙂 they may ask for a second roll, so make more of the stuffing… wrap as many as you want to go!
Some interesting sandwiches, wraps and rolls to try from our page..
- Aloo Tikki Burger
- Chicken Tikka Kathi Roll
- Grilled Cheese Roll Ups
- Tater tot sandwich
- Spicy Chicken Fillet Sandwich
- Paneer – 8 thin cuboids 😀
- Flat bread of choice – 2 Paratha or Chapati or Tortilla
- Onion – 1/2 cup (thinly sliced lengthwise)
- Tomatoes – 1/4 cup (seeds removed , thinly sliced)
- Green Capsicum – 1/4 cup thinly sliced
- Green Chili – 3 finely minced
- Ginger – 2 tablespoons (julienned)
- Kasuri methi leaves – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves – a few with stalks
Sauces & other Ingredients
- Dry Red Chilli – 3
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Tomato Ketchup – 1 tablespoon
- Red Chilli Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Soy sauce – 1/2 teaspoon (dark soy)
- Vinegar – 2 drops (or lemon juice)
- Sugar – a pinch
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Lets see how to make this Paneer Kathi Roll..
Thinly slice all the veggies as shown, mince the green chilli, crush the kasuri methi leaves. Cut the paneer into long thin strips or slabs as shown.
Heat oil in a kadai… fry the dry red chilli and season with cumin seeds.
Immediately add the onion, green chilli, ginger, capsicum, tomatoes and kasuri methi. along with it add in pinch of sugar and salt. Give a quick stir over high flame.
Now add in all the sauces.. ketchup, red chilli sauce, soy sauce and that tiny drop of vinegar. Quick stir and light saute over high flame.
Now add the paneer pieces at this stage. Give a quick stir fry and switch off.
Sprinkle little chopped coriander leaves and let them cool a bit. Now… throw off the dry red chillies its only for extra flavor and heat and you don’t want them in your roll.
Meanwhile keep your flat bread ready… stuff with the little of this mixture and also keep a few long coriander stalk with fresh leaves… you may add raw onions if you like and wrap it up and gobble.
- Makes 2 to 3 roll
- Adding vinegar gives a tiny pinch of tangy flavor to the mix. (Make it optional or swap with lemon juice)
- I have used Chings Red Chilli sauce for this recipe.
- You may use any flat bread to roll it up. Traditional paratha or maida parotta are used… go healthy use a multigrain tortilla or chapathi.