Aloo Tikki Burger 🙂 Potato Cutlet Burger is what it means 😀 Oh my its vegetarian 😛 too! Lets get into the recipe with no further boring stuff… all you need is few potatoes, etc etc veggies, burger buns, mayo cheese and love!
Ingredients to make the patty
- Boiled potatoes – 2
- Green peas – 1/4 cup
- Carrots – 1/8 cup (chopped)
- Onion – 1/4 cup chopped
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon (minced)
- Garlic – 1 teaspoon (minced)
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chaat masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Powdered Oats – 1 tablespoon (optional)* Check notes
- Maida paste – 2 tablespoons maida mixed with 1/4 cup water
- Bread crumbs – 4 tablespoons
- Oil – 1/2 cup for deep frying
Additional Store bought ingredients
- Burger buns – 3
- Sliced cheese – 3
- Onion strips – a few
- Tomatoes – 3 sliced
- Cucumbers – a few slice
- Leafy greens – lettuce, spinach or whatever you like.
- Mayo – 3 teaspoons (1 teaspoon for each sandwich)
Lets see how to make this Aloo Tikki Burger…
Prep work… buy all the store bought stuff or check your regfrigerator 🙂 Boil the potatoes and keep them ready.
Heat oil in a kadai, add in cumin seeds and saute the chopped onion, carrots, green peas, ginger & garlic with the pinch of sugar. Light saute is enough!
Add in tumeric powder, red chilli powder, chaat masala and salt. Give it a mix and saute.
Add the boiled potatoes… you may either mash or use a grater which gives a uniform look to the patty. Saute well until everything blends well. The mixture should not be watery… keep sauteing until it turns into slightly dry mixture. Switch off.
Add in powdered oats which will keep the mixture dry. You may use maida or corn flour for binding and to make the structure hold its shape.
Divide into equal portions… we are family of 3 so i made 3 patties 😆
Shape them into patties like above. Let them cool completely.
Now dip them in the maida paste. It should coat either sides or all over.
Now in the bread crumb mixture.
Coat all over and let it rest for some time.
Meanwhile heat oil in a pan or kadai…. you may shallow fry too if you wish. Iam deep frying it to golden.
Golden brown patty ready. If packing for lunch box, cool them completely before you assemble!
Now assembly line… apply mayo on the buns, layer with lettuce, sliced onion, tomato, cucumbers.. and place the patty. You may use any hot sauce or ketchup or red chilli sauce if you like it spicy.
This is optional… but add a slice of cheese.
All done, eat it!
- Makes 3 gundu (big & fat)burger.
- Adding powdered oats its to keep the patty dry also hold the mashed potato well. You may use corn flour or maida instead.
- Cheese is optional.
Some Sandwich recipes to try from our page….