Fish Tikka – a Restaurant style fish preparation… to be very precise, a punjabi dhaba style dish. There is nothing fancy here except the look, all your ingredients comes from the pantry.. all you need is an oven to bake… same recipe can be used for pan fry too.
|2||Catfish fillets (10 pieces)|
|¼ teaspoon||Turmeric powder|
|1 teaspoon||Red chilli powder (kashmir chilli powder)|
|2 teaspoons||Coriander /dhania powder|
|¼ teaspoon||Garam masala powder|
|1 teaspoon||Ginger garlic paste|
|2 teaspoons||Lemon juice|
|2 pinch||Red food colour|
Lets see how to make this fish tikka….
- Wash and cut fish in desired size.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (Turmeric powder, Red chilli powder, Coriander powder, Garam masala powder and salt.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, yogurt and colour.
- Use your hand to mix well untill you get a thick batter.
- Now add the fish and toss to coat the masala evenly.
- Let this mixture marinate for for few hours…in refrigerator or for atleast 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Take a baking sheets and line up by placing them leaving little gap between each piece.
- Drizzle little oil over the top.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and bake for 10 minutes, then remove and turn the fish pieces.
- Bake again for 10 more minutes.
- Finally set the oven to broil and place the baking sheet on top rack to make them crispy and darken the colour.
- This should take only a couple of minutes, don’t not leave it for more than 2 minutes, it will burn the fish pieces. This step is included just to add that extra touch to the dish, that includes nice dark brown colour on the sides and crispy edges.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with lemon wedges.
Some fish recipes to try….
- Serves 4
- I have used Everest Garam masala for this recipe.
- Cat fish is used for this recipe you can also try with fish of your choice.
- Tilapia fish works, salmon works or any fleshy fish works for this recipe.
- You may also use the ingredients and pan fry too.
- Drizzle some lemon juice before serving … to make it more tasty.