Mango Mug Cake / Eggless Mango Mug Cake / Microwave Mug Cake / 2 Minute Microwave Mango Mug Cake / Eggless Baking / Quick Recipes / How to make Mug Cake? / Eggless Cake Recipes / Microwave Eggless Mango Mug Cake with Chocolate Chips / Mango recipes
I usually crave something sweet after a heavy spicy lunch especially dish which includes fish and indulge in a quick sweet treat. This week tried something different which was quick and easy, ofcourse microwave comes in handy for those little little evil treats…This week my fav grocer had good mangoes on sale and i was tempted to carry a case, they were on the kitchen counter and immedaitely thought of trying something out of them! I bookmarked this recipe long time back from Sangeetha’s Spicy Treats which had this super moist mango mug cake and gave it try, voila in just 2 minutes my taste buds had a great treat…they turned really good, super moist as mentioned. Thanks to her for sharing this lovely recipe. I did alter a bit to adjust to my taste, please refer notes….
|Mango Puree||3 Tablespoons|
|All-purpose Flour / Maida||4 Tablespoons|
|Salt||a tiny pinch|
|Baking Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Baking Soda||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Mini Chocolate Chips||1 Tablespoon|
Sift All-purpose flour, salt, baking powder & baking soda together in a bowl and keep aside. In another bowl combine Mango puree, milk, oil and sugar. Light beat with a spoon or whisk to combine. Now add the flour mixture to it and mix gently. Fold in 1/2 tablespoon of the chocolate chips into the batter and reserve the other half. Spoon this batter in a microwave safe mug, gently tap the mug for the batter to settle. Sprinkle the other half of the chocolate chips on top for some decorations. Now microwave in high for 2 minutes and let it stand for a minute in the oven. There you go… your delicious Mango Mug Cake is ready. Better when served warm right out of the oven!
- Sangeetha’s recipe included vanilla essence and some extra sugar. The Mangoes which I used were very sweet and I reduced the sugar level.
- Adding vanilla essence is optional if you want to hike the taste a bit.
- Microwave watts does matter and cooking time varies, my oven is 1000 watts and 2 minute was perfect, adjust cooking time according to your microwave watts. To check whether its baked properly then try inserting a tooth pick and if that comes out clean then your cake is baked perfectly.
- If you are not sure of the power level then try for a minute and increment in 10 seconds.
- Add chopped walnuts and raisins if you like for extra crunch!
- Also friends, please remember this is a quick cake and don’t except the same quality of the regular baked cakes, the texture does vary a bit but its a decent cake to serve warm! It turns little hard after a while. Enjoy while its warm and taste better straight from the oven.
- To make multiple cakes then try using small silicon molds which are microwave safe. You may have to adjust the time a little bit.
- Check a similar recipe – Two Minute Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake