Avocado Sandwich, a healthy lunch box sandwich great for little kids as a finger food for toddlers or snack or even as a main course. One easy way to send a healthy sandwich for your little one- creamy avocados with spinach, green onion and cilantro… um um yum! One of my favorite ways to eat avocados is one of the simplest- spread it on a toast. With little mayo and greens it goes up one level making it a super sandwich which Sid loves to take for school lunch. This combo of fresh spinach and creamy avocado is just too hard to resist, try it and you will sure ask for a second one!
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Carrot Paniyaram with tomato chutney
- Tater Tot Sandwich
- Cucumber Carrot Sandwich
- Vegetable Quesadillas
Kids / Adults / Lunch / Vegetarian / No Microwave / No Re-heating / School Lunches / Avocado Sandwich Recipe / Mashed Avocado Sandwich / Vegetarian Sandwich / Lunch Box Idea 10 / Avocado Spinach Sandwich / Toddler Finger Foods recipe / Indian Avocado Sandwich Recipe/ Kids Recipe
|Whole Grain Bread||2 slices|
|Baby spinach||6 leaves (finely chopped)|
|Green onion/Spring onion||1 stalk (white part only)|
|Cilantro||1 teaspoon (chopped)|
|Mayonnaise (low fat)||1 teaspoon|
|Salt & Pepper||just a pinch|
Here is what I packed for his school lunch…
1. Mini Avocado Sandwich- Scoop the flesh, combine that with mayonnaise and mash well. Add in a pinch of salt and pepper along with minced chopped baby spinach leaves, cilantro and some green onion. Spread this on a lightly toasted bread and cover with a another, gently press and cut them into desired shapes. (Please make sure the bread is not too hot while you spread. After toasting, rest the bread for sometime & then spread)
2. Some Fruits- Fresh Blueberries (Wash them and dry them on a paper towel and then pack in a box)
3. Some treats – a few butter biscuits coins
- Packed in a regular stainless steel tiffin box. Choose a box that can pack tightly so the sandwich pieces don’t move to smudge.
- I’ve used Whole grain bread and used low fat mayo for this recipe.
- If you want to make it healthy then , skip the mayo and add few drops of lemon juice to avoid discoloration.
- The reason for adding little mayo is to keep the avocados green. Otherwise brown spots appear all over, making them look discolored.
- This recipe yields more spread which actually makes 2 whole sandwiches.