Pasta in white sauce with sauteed vegetables is like a weeknight fancy dinner in our home. Pasta is something i keep in my pantry all the time, Penne & Conchiglie are my pick shape-wise for saucy pasta recipe, as it tends to hold the sauce well. Saucy pasta keeps us full and with some cheese on top is always welcomed anytime – one of the weeknight dinner served in style!
VEGETABLE PASTA IN WHITE SAUCE / VEG PASTA / VEG PASTA IN WHITE SAUCE RECIPE/ PASTA RECIPES / INTERNATIONAL RECIPES / ITALIAN / ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE / WHITE SAUCE RECIPE / HOW TO MAKE PASTA IN WHITE SAUCE / DINNER RECIPES / WEEKNIGHT DINNER / EASY PASTA RECIPES / PENNE PASTA / SHEEL PASTA / PASTA IN WHITE SAUCE RECIPE
|Ingredients for White Sauce|
|All Purpose flour / Maida||2 Tablespoons|
|Unsalted Butter||2 Tablespoons|
|Black Pepper Powder (coarsely ground)||1/4 teaspoon|
|Half & Half (which nothing but half cream & half milk)||1 cup|
I have already posted the recipe of White Sauce for pasta, clink on the link for a detailed step by step instruction.
|Ingredients for Pasta|
|Pasta (Any kind) (Penne or Conchiglie works best)||1 cup|
|Onion||1/2 cup (cut into big chunks)|
|Mixed Vegetables (Colored Bell peppers +Mushroom)||2 Cups (cut into big chunks)|
|Garlic||3 cloves (minced)|
|White sauce||1 cup|
|Salt (to cook pasta)||1 teaspoon|
|Salt (for vegetables)||1/4 teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1/2 teaspoon (coarsely powdered)|
|Italian seasoning (optional)||2 generous pinch|
|Coriander leaves||a few for garnish|
|Parmesan Cheese (grated)||1 tablespoon|
Cook Pasta according to package instruction which is – Bring water to boil, add salt and teaspoon of oil and cook the pasta. Depending on the shape and size the cooking time varies. (Refer the package)
Follow the above mentioned link to prepare the white sauce and keep it ready.
Heat oil in a pan and saute the onion, garlic and mixed vegetables with some salt & pinch of sugar. Just lightly saute to cook, do not over cook- we need them crunchy.
Once done add the white sauce to it and immediately add the cooked pasta. Add in freshly ground pepper, Italian seasoning and salt(if needed)
Simmer few minutes and transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves and grated parmesan cheese.
- Yield – Serves 2 adults
- White sauce thickens and dries very fast. The pasta kind of drinks up all the sauce once added- you may add more white sauce if you have leftover or add in some milk to loosen the consistency.
- Adding added cheese in the end gives a creamy finish to the dish.
- Any kind of Pasta can be used for the recipe, look for Penne or Shell pasta as they hold sauce quite well.
- Depending on the shape and size of the pasta the cooking time varies- check package for instructions.
- Seasoning is optional, any Italian seasoning or dry herbs like oregano or rosemary will work too.
- You may choose any vegetable of your choice, colored bell peppers, onion & mushroom trio works magic.
- You may also bake with some cheese on top for few minutes in broil setting to brown the top.