Hi all, thavalai dosai is full of protein and very tasty dish..amma special dish..just give a try and enjoy…shallow fried dosai…
|1 cup||Channa dhal, urad dhal, toor dhal (all together)|
|1 cup||Raw rice|
|1 tsp||Asafoetida powder|
|2 tsp||Ginger (chopped)|
|3 nos||Greenchillies (finely chopped )|
|1 cup||Thick curd (beat nicely)|
|Salt to taste|
|Oil (for shallow frying)|
- Grind channa dhal, urad dhal, toor dhal and raw rice, fenugreek in to coarse powder
- Add ginger , green chillies,asafoedita and salt to this powder
- mix nicely, add the curd and pour little water to make it to dosa batter consistency.
- Allow it to ferment for more than 4 hours.
- This dosai has to be shallow fried. we can use thick kadai or dosa pan with little curve in center and thick bottem .
- Pour oil in pan, pour batter in centre spread it evenly and close the pan with a lid.
- Allow it to cook for 5 min.
- Remove the lid and turn the dosa and allow to cook for 2 min.
- Remove the dosa and serve it hot with idli podi or pickle.