|1 cup||Coarsly powdered rice & toor dhal|
|tsp||Mustard seed (for tempering)|
|tsp||Broked urad dhal|
|2 no||Chopped green chillies|
|Curry leaves (chopped)|
- Heat a pan and add 2 tsps of oil.
- When the oil is heated add mustard seeds.
- when they splutter add the chillies and ginger
- Add the urad dal and fry till golden
- add the water,salt and grated coconut and boil.
- Pour it on the Rava Consistency flour and mix.It shouldn't be too dilute but semi solid state. Cover with a lid and let it soak for about half an hr.
- Make small balls on palm and flatten and make a hole in the centre
- Put on a warm tava
- Pour some oil around and cover the tava
- After a minute remove cover and turn the adais
- Add more oil and keep on flame till golden in colour and crispy on top
- Don't powder the rice into a very smooth flour at the same time it shouldn't be too granular
- Best results can be achieved when cooked on a medium flame.
- Coconut Chutney would make a perfect side dish for this menu.