|1½ cup||Boiled rice (pulungal arisi)|
|½ cup||Raw rice (pachai arisi)|
|½ cup||Toor dal|
|¼ kg||Tomato (chopped)|
|1 no||Onion (chopped)|
|1 inch||Ginger (chopped)|
|4 nos||Garlic pods|
|¼ kg||Carrot (chopped or grated)|
|6 nos||Red chillies|
|Salt to taste|
|1 pinch||Asafoetida powder|
1. Soak pulungal arisi, pacharisi and toor dal for about 1 hour in water.
2. Then grind all the ingredients together adding little water.
3. No need to ferment the batter. It is ready to make adai.
4. Add chopped coriander leaves, curry leaves and onion (big) to the batter and make adai.
5. Serve hot with coriander chutney or thakkali (tomato) chutney.