Angel hair pasta tossed with colorful vegetable jalfrezi and peppery chicken. Some kids luv carrying noodles for school lunch and this could be one good alternative to try it warm or cold. During this winter season, most regular food jars, tiffin box or lunch boxes could not hold meal warm enough until lunch time. If you have a microwave at work then you can heat it up if not try those thermos products which keeps food warm, not too hot but at least warm enough to have. Excellent for carrying warm soup and Indian meals.
Pepper Chicken Pasta recipe / Lunch Box Ideas / Microwave / Hot or Cold / Pasta Toss / Pepper Pasta Stir fry / Kids meal / Kids Lunch / Adults Meal / School Lunches / Angel hair pasta / Work Lunch Ideas / Lunch box Ideas / Tiffin Box / Indian Style Pasta recipe
|½ pack||Angel hair pasta|
|2 cups||Mixed bell peppers (cut into big squares)|
|1 cup||Chicken cubed|
|10 (mini)||Cherry tomatoes (or use 1/2 cup chopped)|
|1 teaspoon||Salt (for pasta)|
|1 teaspoon||Black pepper powder|
|1 pinch||Dry oregano leaves|
|¼ teaspoon||Dry parsley leaves|
|2 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|2 teaspoon||Lemon juice|
|¼ teaspoon||Salt (for chicken)|
|¼ teaspoon||Salt (for tossing)|
|¼ teaspoon||Black pepper powder (for chicken)|
|2 cloves||Garlic (minced)|
- Marinate chicken cubes with lemon juice, salt and pepper powder. (10 minutes)
- Chop the veggies into big quarters except tomato.
- Bring about 5 cups of water to a rolling boil in a sauce pan. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and few drops of oil in the hot water and cook the pasta until soft and firm. (5 minutes).
- Remove and drain all the water and the keep the cooked pasta ready.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil and keep the flame over medium high. Add the marinated chicken cubes and cook until the flesh turns white or fully cooked.
- Now throw in all the chopped veggies along with garlic and just toss for few seconds, (do not over cook, they needs to be firm) and then add the cooked pasta along with oregano, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Toss well until everything mixes well. Serve hot or pack for lunch.