Sometimes we all need a good homemade dessert and the last thing we all want to do is spend time in the kitchen cooking 😈 And there are days when you want to have a sweet treat and it has to be like right now, right? no worries that what you have a microwave for! Here is an easy chocolatey cake prepared under few minutes in a microwave… to feed your instant cravings. Just assemble the ingredients and you are minutes away from tasting this gooey rich cake with oozing chocolate, Heaven! Valentines day is around the corner, hope this one will come in handy…. i don’t need an occasion, making one right now! This recipe is adapted from Tarladalal.com
MICROWAVE MOLTEN LAVA CAKE RECIPE / EGGLESS MOLTEN LAVA CAKE RECIPE / CHOCOLATE MOLTEN LAVE CAKE RECIPE / EGGLESS CAKES / INSTANT CAKES / EGGLESS COOKING / EGGLESS BAKING / MICROWAVE RECIPES / 1 MINUTE MICROWAVE CAKE / ONE MINUTE CAKE RECIPE / CAKES / CHOCOLATE CAKE / MICROWAVE COOKING / EASY MICROWAVE CAKES / EGGLESS CAKES IN MICROWAVE / MUG CAKE RECIPE / EASY MOLTEN LAVA CAKE RECIPE
|All Purpose Flour||1 tablespoon|
|Cocoa Powder||1 & 1/2 teaspoon|
|Baking Powder||1/8 teaspoon|
|Baking Soda||1/8 teaspoon|
|Oil / Melted Butter||2 teaspoon + a few drops to grease the cup|
In a bowl add All Purpose flour followed by cocoa powder.
Add sugar followed by baking powder and pinch of salt.
Add baking soda followed by oil.
Add in milk and mix well to combine and to remove all lumps to make a smooth batter.
Apply oil to a microwave safe cup or ramekin. (I have used 1 cup pyrex glass cup, any 1 cup ramekins works best) Pour the batter into the cup.
Add in chocolate chunks and pop it in the microwave. In high powder mode cook for 1 minute. (My microwave is 1000 watts, so used one minute express cook button)
This is how it comes out after a minute. Give a minute to rest and run a knife around the cake to loosen it a bit.
Cover the cup with a clean plate and flip to get the cake on the plate. Poke the center and cut. You will see the molten lava( molten chocolate oozing out) Enjoy while its still warm!
- Definitely its one serving- i’m not sharing with anyone!
- Cook on high powder for 1 minute, adjust cooking time according the power level. Do not over cook it will make the cake very hard.
- Now the actually reality- Remember you are getting an instant cake in a minute and expect a decent cake which can satisfy your quick craving…. it comes with its own cons… the cake comes out moist off the microwave and is good only when served warm right away. Keeping it out for long time will make the cake more dense and chewy with the chocolate becoming more hard.
- Original recipe calls for powdered sugar, i used fine granulated sugar. If your sugar granules are big then lightly powder it.
- You may use either melted butter or oil for the recipe.
- I’ve used 1 cup pyrex glass cup , you can use 1 cup remekins. (size: 250 ml)
- Any kind of melting chocolate works- dark, semi dark or milk. The chocolate has to be in room temperature when you add to the batter, if its too cold then it won’t melt properly.