rice flour – 1/2 cup
besan flour – 1/4 cup
rawa/sooji – 3/4 cup
Salt – to taste
Sugar – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – a pinch
lemon juice – 1 tsp
ENO(fruit salt) – 1 tsp
yogurt – 1/4 cup
oil – 2 tbsp
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
green chilli – 1 no chopped or 1/2 tsp chilli paste
oil – 2 tsp
mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dry red chilli – 2 no
Asafoetida – A pinch
Curry leaves – 5 no
Finely chopped cilantro
Sugar 1 tsp diluted in warm water
1. Mix together all the dry ingredient except the fruit salt
2. Now mix wet ingredients (use water little by little) to make batter(Not too thick or thin)like bhaji batter.
3. Keep the steamer hot and add the fruit salt into the batter and mix well.
4. pour it into a greased pan or idli plate and steam for about 15 minutes or till toothpick.
5. For the tempering, heat the oil in a small kadai and add the mustard seeds, red chilli, curry leaves and asafoetida and pour this over the steamed dhoklas.
6. Garnish with finely chopped cilantro and diluted sugar.
7. Cut into pieces and serve with green chutney or spicy chutney.