Yogurt Pulao – Are you looking for a simple effortless pulao recipe ?? Then you should try this yogurt/ curd pulao which is takes less time to prepare and goes perfectly well with any spicy gravy. Good for party menu and even makes a good recipe for lunch box.
|1 cup||Basmati rice|
|1 cup||Yogurt (plain)|
|1 cup||Onion (sliced lengthwise)|
|3||Green chili (slit open )|
|½ teaspoon||Cumin seeds|
|2 teaspoon||Spring onions(chopped, optional)|
|2||Cinnamon stick (small)|
Lets see how to make this yogurt pulao….
- Wash basmati rice in your rice cooker pan, add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom along with 1 cup water, 1 cup yogurt (beat well to avoid lumps) and salt.
- Pop it in your rice cooker and cook until it comes to warm setting.
- When it does, remove the pan from the cooker and spread on a wide bowl or plate to cool.
- Now heat ghee and oil in a wide stir-fry pan and toast the cashews, then add the cumin seeds and curry leaves to sizzle.
- Add the green chillies and lengthwise sliced onions and garlic.
- Saute over low flame until it becomes translucent.
- Now add the cooked rice and lightly saute.
- Gently mix until the both are combined well.
- Adding some more ghee at this stage will make it more flavorful.
- Switch off and garnish with chopped green spring onions.
- Serve with any spicy veg or non-veg gravy, goes very well paneer butter masala.