Vegetable clear soup is one of the simplest soup recipe which you can whip up with few fresh or leftover veggies which you can grab from your kitchen. With little salt & pepper, you have yourself a bowl full of goodness, what could be more comforting than a cup of hot fresh clear soup on a cold winter day! I usually make this when someone has cold or cough at home. Usually when you are sick you won’t feel any appetite, don’t feel like having anything but want something to soothe your throat..this is your best bet, it keeps you hydrated and full with a sense of fullness.
MIXED VEGETABLE CLEAR SOUP RECIPE / VEG CLEAR SOUP RECIPE / VEGETABLE CLEAR SOUP RECIPE / CLEAR SOUP INDIAN STYLE / INDIAN STYLE VEGETABLE CLEAR SOUP / APPETIZER RECIPE / HEALTHY RECIPE / HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE CLEAR SOUP / VEG SOUP / VEGETARIAN SOUPS / MIX VEG SOUP RECIPES
|Mixed Vegetables (Finely chopped) see notes||1 cup|
|Onion (preferably small onion/ sambar onion / pearl onion) (finely chopped)||1 tablespoon|
|Black Peeper Powder (freshly powdered)||1/2 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder (optional)||1 pinch|
|Oil / Butter||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||1 teaspoon|
1. Heat oil or butter in a sauce pan.
2. Add the chopped vegetables, onion & garlic.
3. Saute for few minutes.
4. Add water along with salt and pepper.
5. Bring it to a rolling boil, bring the flame to low medium. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
6. When done, garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve.
- You can pick any vegetable of your choice but some do actually make the soup very tasty… I have used carrots, beans, celery, spring onion & some cabbage.
- If you wish to serve the soup completely clear then you have strain all the veggies and serve the soup alone.
- If you chop your veggies very fine then serve it along.
- Turmeric is optional add in light yellow tinge to the soup.
- Try using freshly ground black pepper.
- Butter adds nice flavor to the soup, try adding half oil and half butter.
- Usually a clear soup does not include any thickening agent- if you prefer then add 1/2 teaspoon corn flour mixed in 2 teaspoon water and add to the simmering soup which will thicken it a bit. OR Scoop some of the cooked veggies along with some soup grind it to a fine paste and add to the soup.
- Serves 2