This is a very sweet and rich Srilankan dessert which we make in our home town too.
|1 tsp||Split roasted gram/pottukadalai|
|1 tsp||Cardamom (powdered)|
- Extract thick coconut milk from the coconuts.
- Coarsely powder the Cashew nuts and split gram dal.
- To the milk add the sugar, cardamom powder, cashew powder and ghee. Mix thoroughly until sugar dissolves.
- Then add the eggs to the cocnut mixture and mix well.
- Steam this mixture in an idli cooker/rice cooker/ presssure cooker until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and until the mixture is set like custard. Cooking time will vary depending on the quantity.
- Garnish with cashewnuts on top.