|150 g||Shallots (sambar onions finely chopped)|
|Bay leaf 1 small , cinnamon stick (very small), cloves -2|
|½ tsp||Dhania powder|
|1 tsp||Red chilli powder|
|½ tsp||Turmeric powder|
|Salt as per taste|
|¼ cup||Coconut (grated)|
|1 tsp||Aniseeds (sombu)|
|4 no||Green chilli|
- Grind the coconut, sombu, green chilli ,ginger and garlic in to fine paste. By adding little water.
- Cut tomatoes in to small pieces and chop the onions.
- Heat oil in a pan, saute bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add onion and saute well.
- Add the tomatoes and smash it well.
- Add the ground paste to it, add redchilli powder, dhania powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Fry well and add 4 cups of water.
- The mixture should cook well.
- When it comes to thick consistency. switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with chapathi and parota.