|500 g||Mutton pieces|
|1 tsp||Ginger and garlic paste|
|1 tsp||Fennel seed|
|2 tsp||Pepper corns|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|1 no||Pattai garambu|
|2 nos||Cardamom & star anise flower each|
|1 stks||Mint leaves (chopped)|
|2 nos||Onion medium ( chopped)|
|1 no||Tomato (chopped)|
|3 nos||Green chili (slit open )|
|1 tsp||Chilly pdr|
|1 tsp||Coriander /dhania powder|
|1 tsp||Garam masala powder|
|1 pinch||Turmerc powder|
|1 pinch||Salt (as per taste|
|3 tsp||Oil ( as per need)|
1. Dry roast all the ingredients in table -1 ( fennel seeds, cumin seeds, pepper corns, pattai grambu, cardomon) and grind to a fine powder
2. In the same pan , now add few drops of oil and fry the shallots and add mint leaves at the end for few minutes , until they turn translucent. Grind them .
3. Wash the mutton pieces and marinate them with the dry powder from step 1 , Onion Mint paste from step 2, add ginger garlic paste, salt and keep for 30 minutes.
4. Ina pressure cooker, do not add water , pressure cook the mutton marinade for 3 or 4 whistles ( keep them in a seperate pan inside the cooker ).
4. Now in a wide kadai, add oil and now add cut onions ( its bteer to have them long and thinly sliced), and when it turns slight brown, add cut tomatoes and chillies, fry them, now add the cooked mutton pieces to this.
5. Check for spiciness and add turmeric powder, chilly pwdr, coriander and garam masala powder. & Salt stir them continuosly in medium flame, till all the water from mutton evaporates. Oil may seperate from the sides,
6. Garnish them with coriander leaves.