|1 cup||Bengal gram|
|1 tsp||Fennel seed|
|2 no||Red chili|
|1 no||Cabbage (shredded)|
|1 tsp||Urad dal|
|1 tsp||Salt (as per taste)|
1. Grind Ingridients from table-1(Bengal gram,cinnamon,clove, Red chillies and fennel) . Dont grind nicely. Grind as you do for making vadai.Soak Bengal gram for an hour before grinding.
2. Now take a pan, place the grinded batter and make it as a adai… as shown in figure
6.Now chop onions finely, cut greenchillies length wise.
7. Take a kadai, Heat oil, add mustard & urad dhal.
8.Add onion,greenchillies and curry leaves. Fry till onion becomes Transcluent.
9. Now add finely chopped cabbage, cook till it becomes tender. Then add turmeric powder and salt.
10. When cabbage becomes cooked. Add the powdered pieces now.. cook for 2-3 minutes.
11.Cabbage usiili is ready. Can be taken with rice,puli kulambu, rasam and chapathis.
Cabbage can be replaced by beans also.
Coconut gratings can also be added.