Spicy Prawn Roast – Dry Prawn Varuval – Spicy Shrimp Roast – How to make prawn roast – Easy Prawn Roast – Era Roast – Era Varuval – Eral Varuval – Eral Roast – simple home style prawn/ shrimp stir fry that can be made under 15 minutes with easy to find ingredients.
Spicy Prawn Roast
Ingredients - to marinate
- 20 each Prawns or small shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon Red chilli powder hot variety
- 3 each Green chilli chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt preferably kosher /crystal salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice optional
Ingredients - for roast
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 5 each Curry leaves to temper
- 2 cups Onion finely sliced
- 10 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoon Ginger crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 6 each Curry leaves garnish
- Marinate shrimp / prawns with turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, green chilli and lemon juice. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai, splutter cumin seeds, fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Add sliced onion, crushed ginger garlic and saute over medium high flame until it turns brown and crisp. You may add salt at this stage.
- Now add in the marinated shrimp / prawns and saute over high flame until it roasts well turning the masala dark with oil oozing.
- Add in few curry leaves and stir fry for few minutes and switch off!
Marinate shrimp / prawns with turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, green chillies and little lemon juice.
Keep this aside for few minutes. Do not keep longer… the lemon will partially cook the shrimp.
Heat oil in a kadai…
Season with cumin seeds, fennel seeds and curry leaves.
Add in sliced onion,crushed ginger and garlic.
Fry until the onions become brown and crisp… add in the salt at this stage.
Frying to the onion to a crispy texture is the key to the recipe… mushy onion will yield chunky masala and not a roast.
When the onions reach the right texture add in the marinated shrimp / prawns.
Fry them over medium high flame until it cooks fully. It will kind of look pale at this stage.
Now increase the high to high…throw in some curry leaves and stir fry for few minutes which will quickly turn the masala brown and bring in that dry feel. (high flame stir fry is a must)
It will eventually turn thick and dry as you stir fry… switch off!
And that’s how it will look when you scoop off the pan!
Some prawn recipes to try from our page….