|½ cup||Dal (moong)|
|2 no||Green chillies|
|1 T||Jeera (cumin)|
|5 no||Curry leaves|
|1 T||Chopped coriander|
|1 tsp||Turmeric powder|
1. Boil dal with salt, turmeric powder, and asafoetida powder (soak it overnight for even cooking)
2. In a pan, add butter, Jeera (cumin), curry leaves, and slit green chillies and heat it
(Step 3,4, and 5 are optional)
3. Chop onions and dice tomatoes
4. When butter has melted and cumin starts popping, add onion and fry
5. When the onions are light brown in colour, add tomatoes, fry them for 2-3 mins (till tomatoes cook and the raw smell is not there)
6. Now add the boiled dal and bring to boil. If needed add more water.
7. Check for salt, if needed add more.
8. Dont cook for more than 3-5 mins.
9. Remove from the stove and garnish with chopped corrinader
10. Voila yummy dal is ready to be served with rice or roti
To bring more flavour:
After step 3, add ginger garlic paste, 1 teaspoon coriander pwd, 1 teaspoon red chilly pwd, fry for a min till masala raw flavour is gone and then continue to step 4