|10 cnt||Dry grapes|
|10 cnt||Cashew nuts|
|2 cup||Semoline (rava)|
1. Fry cashews in ghee until golden and fry dry grapes in ghee and keep them aside. Peel off the cardomom skins and powder the seeds.
2. Heat 1/2 cup of ghee in a pan and fry rava till it gives out a nice aroma and rava color changes. Kept on medium flame, it should take some 10-15 min.
3. Mix sugar and water and heat it in medium flame. Keep stirring. Let it reach 1 string consistency. It should take 10 min.
4. Now add the fried rava and keep stirring (else rava will form lumps). Add the fried cashews, dry grapes, cardomom powder and some ghee. Keep stirring till the rava is cooked. This might take some 15 min. Keep adding ghee every 5 min.
5. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool. Heat the milk till its warm and keep it aside. This rava mixture will be powdery now. Sprinkle some warm milk little by little and make small round balls. See that the cashews and dry grapes are evenly distributed among the balls.
Store it in an air tight container. If you refrigerate, you can keep it for as long as a month.
If you feel a lot of ghee is used, you can replace some ghee with dalda. (My mom uses dalda and ghee. I didn't have it, so used ghee)
This was the first time I prepared this sweet and it came out pretty good.