Pasta Tikka Masala 🙂 why not? lets try this simple and quick pasta tikka masala with just 5 ingredients using Banza Chickpea pasta which is non GMO, Gluten free, high in protein, vegan, soy free &kosher. Thank you Banza for having confidence in me and sending this kit to try…. you pasta was so good and my kid loved it, good its very healthy compared to regular semolina pasta.
Pasta tends to be soft but firm compliments well with any gravy sauces…. i want to give a quick try so tried this 5 ingredient magic using store bough tikka masala powder but will be using it for more interesting recipes.
Pasta (ziti) – 1 cup + 5 ingredients
- Onion – 1 cup (roughly diced)
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Heavy cream – 1/4 cup
- Tikka Masala powder – 1 tablespoon (shan masala)
- Cilantro leaves – 3 tablespoons
Lets see how to make this Pasta Tikka Masala….
Cook Pasta according to package instruction with enough salt. I used ziti as it can hold the sauce and you get to taste it every bite.
Heat butter in a pan.
Saute the onions till lightly translucent.
Add in tikka masala powder and saute for a minute.
Now add in the cooked pasta and stir to combine.
Reduce the flame to low and add in the heavy cream.
Simmer until desired consistency is reached.
Switch off and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serves 2
- Submitting this post for the 5-ingredient pasta challenge hence had to cut short the ingredients. You may add more veggies and make it with traditional tikka sauce and add in meat too.
- Thank you Banza for sending this amazing pasta.
Some pasta recipes to try…