|50 nos||Whole cashews|
Grind cashews to a fine powder. Take a heavy bottomed pan melt sugar in water. Let it boil until you see vigorous bubbles, at this stage add the powdered cashews and stir. (No string consistency required and no ghee required at any stage) Keep stirring until it forms a soft ball, that is when you see some of the mixture sticking to the bottom and other might roll when you rotate the pan.
You can also check by taking little of the mixture and roll it on a plate and see whether it solidifies within seconds. Transfer the content on a clean kitchen counter or spread it on a wax or plastic wrap. Let cool for few minutes, and knead when its still warm. Place between two plastic wraps and roll it to desired thickness and cut in diamond shape. Again, let it cool and then store in air-tight box for up to a week. It can also be refrigerated.
1. In case if the dough is too sticky try putting back on the stove for few minutes and stir.
2. In case if it becomes too hard, put it microwavable dish with few drops of milk and then knead again.
3. Use a coffee grinder or dry mixie to grind the cashews.
4. You can also decorate with Siver Varak, but the only problem is you cannot reheat in microwave if you use silver varak.
5. After cutting into desired shapes, there may be some left over piecesfrom the edges, which looks crumbly, you can roll them back one more time and cut into pieces. No wastage.