|5 nos||Jalapeno peppers|
|5 tsp||Cream cheese|
|¼ cup||All-purpose flour|
|½ cup||Bread crumbs|
|2 cup||Oil (for deep frying)|
1. Take a shallow dish, combine egg, water and salt from table-2 and beat well. Keep this aside.
2. Take two similar shallow dish and spread one with all-purpose flour and the other with bread crumbs.
3. Clean the Jalapeno peppers, with the help of a sharp knife, make a slit and open up, keeping the stalk intact.
4. Using the back side of a spoon, remove all the seeds and discard.
5. Stuff each pepper with a tsp of cream cheese. (You can sprinkle some salt before stuffing, this is optional)
6. Heat the oil and keep it ready for deep frying.
7. Now line up the dishes in this order (Flour —- Egg mixture —– bread crumbs).
8. Take one stuffed jalapeno pepper, dust it with flour, then dip it into the egg mixture to coat and then into the bread crumbs. Toss gently until its well coated and sealed on all sides. You can either go to the next step and deep fry or freeze them. I prefer putting them in the fridge for about 1/2 hour in order to make them firm.
9. Drop gently into the oil and deep fry until golden.
10. Drain excess oil and serve hot with choice of dipping sauce.
PANKO — Japanese style bread crumbs have been used here, turn out very crunchy. Only disadvantage ~~~ doesn’t stay crispy for long time.
Any plain variety bread crumbs can also be used.
Use any type of cream cheese, onion & chives suits well.