Indo Chinese Chicken Fried Rice – How to make Indo Chinese Chicken Egg Fried rice? Do you need an intro for this? the only thing that will sell at your dinning table with no questions asked is this one dish.. kids to adults everyone likes this to be served with some Gobi Manchurian or Chilli Chicken on the side with cup of Sweet Corn Chicken soup….ahaaaaa i am drooling as i type 😛
There are no step wise pictures here… its straight forward, cook eggs, cook chicken shred it and saute veggies and dump everything in a wok and cook over high flame… you have yourself the best Chicken fried rice you can ask for!
Check out our entire Veg and Non Veg collection of INDO CHINESE RECIPES
- Cooked Basmati Rice – 4 cups
- Carrots – 1/4 cup (julienned)
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup (shredded)
- Capsicum – 1/4 cup (julienned)
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon (minced)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (minced)
- Spring onion – 1/4 cup
- Dark Soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Rice seasoning – 1/2 teaspoon(optional, see notes)
- Sugar – a pinch
- Salt – 3/4 teaspoon
- White pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cooked Shredded Chicken – 1/2 cup (see notes)
- Eggs – 2
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a wok… beat the egg with little salt and cook it / scramble it. Once done remove and keep it ready.
- You may pre-cook chicken in salted water and then shred them and keep it ready.
- Now heat the remaining oil in a wok… keep the flame at high throughout the procedure.
- Add in the carrots,cabbage, capsicum, garlic, ginger and sugar. Cook for few seconds over high flame… the veggies should flash cook almost 60% done.
- Add in the cooked rice, scrambled eggs, shredded chicken along with soy sauce, rice seasoning, salt, white pepper powder and black pepper powder. Cook all of them over high flame…tossing to mix everything.
- You may cook until the rice gets coated with all the sauce and turns brisk. (3 minutes max)
- Finally switch off and garnish with spring onions!
- Serves 3 to 4
- Chicken – I like my fried rice with simply cooked shredded chicken…. that’s how Chinese restaurants serve. But lately have been seeing in many restaurants here with deep fried chicken added to fried rice. If you prefer that then, cut the chicken into tiny pieces… coat with salt, red chili powder & some corn flour. Deep fry and then add this to the fried rice.
- Rice Seasoning – Its available in most Chinese Grocery stores, Walmart, Kroger Meijer has it. Its basically sugar,s alt, corn syrup with mild alcohol content.
- White Pepper Powder? – yes, gives that chinese flavor you crave for… you can always use black pepper if you don’t have.
- Veggies that i prefer in fried rice… Carrots, Cabbage Ginger is a must …. the rest just for color, adding too much will kill it, also pls do not use cauliflower, potato, 🙂
- Rice – Any long grain rice works.. basmati is more flavorful.. rice needs to be cold … a day old rice works
- Soy Sauce – I have used Chings Dark Soy Sauce, you may use light too.. have to use more in that case.