|5 cup||Idli batter|
|Salt for vegetables|
|Black pepper powder (optional)|
|2 nos||Green chilli (finely chopped) – (optional)|
(1) Chilli Idli Adding 2 or 3 (finely chopped) chilli with the batter & make idli as usual.
(2) Vegetable Idli one cup of vegetables can be grated carrot only OR Grated Beetroot (pink idlis) only. OR Green peas (boiled) only *Mix the vegetables well with the batter & make idlis as usual
(3) Mixed vegetable Idli 1 – cup of mixed vegetables => carrot, beetroot (add in little amount), & green peas (boiled) *Mix all vegetables well with the batter & make idlies as usual.
(4) Stuffed Idli Pour little batter on the idli plates. Keep some potato masala & Again pour some batter on it – pour batter to cover the masala well. Steam as usual & serve hot. No side dish required for this stuffed idli.
(5) Mix finely chopped spinach as well to idli batter & make spinach idli-s. You can add most green leaves – As far as they are finely chopped, it would be fine
Potato masala must be very dry. Normally you can use a 2 teaspoons of potato masala for one stuffed idli
Beetroot gives sweetness to the idli, it can be reduced by adding green chilli & pepper powder.
Srilankans do take much chilli. Plz dont ever try the chilli idlis if you don't eat much chilli.