Biryani made with king fish. Very yummy and easy recipe
Vanjira meen — King fish in English
|4 nos||Cinnamon stick (small)|
|4 nos||Cloves (karambu)|
|1 tsp||Pepper powder (black or white)|
|½ cup||Onion (chopped)|
|1½ cup||Basmathi rice|
|3 cup||Boiled water|
|1 tsp||Garam masala powder|
|2 tsp||Biryani masala powder|
|1 lb||King fish|
|1 T||Chilli podwer|
|½ tsp||Turmeric powder|
|2 nos||Onion (chopped)|
|2 T||Ginger & garlic paste|
|1 no||Tomato (chopped)|
|1 T||Curd / yoghurt|
|1 cup||Coriander leaves (chopped )|
|2 T||Mint leaves (chopped)|
|Oil (for sauteing)|
|¼ cup||Cashewnuts (roasted)|
|¼ cup||Raisins (roasted)|
For preparing rice: (From Ingredients – 1)
1) Heat ghee in a pan.
2) Add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and pepper. Stir them.
3) Add onions and fry for 5 min.
4) Add rice and stir for 5 min.
5) Pour boiled water along with salt and cook till it’s done.
For making fish masala: (From Ingredients- 2)
1) Marinate fish pieces with chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt
for 1 hour.
2) Fry the marinated fish pieces in oil.
3) Heat the same oil which we used to fry the fish.
4) Add sliced onions and fry on a low flame, till it becomes slightly brown.
5) On medium flame, add ginger-garlic-green chilly paste and tomato.
6) Stir it for 6 min.
7) Add garam masala powder, biriyani masala powder, curd, mint leaves, coriander leaves and salt and stir it for 5 min.
8) Add fried fish pieces and reduce the flame.
9) Cook till it starts to boil.
1) Take a deep bottom vessel and layer rice and fish masala.
2) Pour 2 tbsp of ghee and tightly cover with a lid.
3) Keep it on a very low flame for 10 min.
4) Garnish with roasted nuts and raisins.
Pour 2tsp of pineapple essence or some small pieces of pineapple before putting the lid on.it will give a very nice smell
:-You can use prawns or chicken instead of fish