Elumichai Thengai Sadam – ?? yes, lemony flavor coconut rice packed for today’s lunch box. Just that i like to try new combinations.. was searching for coconut combo rice dishes and this one pops up from Blendwithspices and I tried it right away….Thanks Chandana for this fabulous rice dish, turned out awesome!
- Cooked rice – 2 cups
- Fresh grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Green chilli – 1
- Dry red chilli – 1
- Ginger – 1/2 teaspoon (chopped)
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Split black gram – 1/2 teaspoon
- Peanuts – 2 teaspoons
- Curry leaves – a few
- Salt – as needed
Lets see how to make this Elumichai Thengai Sadam…
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Splutter mustard seeds and add in split black gram and peanuts. Roast them till lightly golden.
- Throw in the curry leaves, dry red chilli, green chilli and ginger. Fry for a minute.
- Now add in the grated coconut and fry in that oil over low flame.
- Immediately add the cooked rice along with turmeric and salt.
- Give it a mix to combine everything.
- Switch off and then dirzzle the lemon juice and mix.
- Serve or pack for lunch.
- I packed it for work with a Egg Pepper Fry on the side.
- Serves 2
- Frying the coconut helps to keep it good for little longer.